Meeting new friends here
There are 3 goals I've set up for my life here---having some experience in an American hospital, biking as long as I've got a leisure hour, and the last but not least, trying to meet as many new friends as possible. To sum up, live an American life!!!
Luckily, I do meet some new friends here, many of whom are actually medical students. Through chatting with them, I at least know the difference between the medical education system in the US, Japan, and Taiwan. And you know, the "premium" is the improvement of your English. You can learn a lot of slangs from them, which you may hardly learn from a newspaper, an elderly or even the dictionary.
My "little angel"
Ricky (right 2), OSU med-1 students (from IHIG) and me
Ricky is my "little angel" here in OSU. The little angel means someone who takes care of someone else from a different place or even a foreign country. Ricky is among the best of them. We took this picture at a gathering hold in the 3rd week during our first rotation. Ricky and I had had a luncn before that. We talked a lot over many topics. He is very helpful who helped me get the NBA ticket and a Bankone debit card here. Oh, by the way, he's got a nice girlfriend here. They are classmates.
Happily gather together!
OSU medical school IHIG, Toshi, Jay, Jeremy, and me
IHIG, International Health Interests Group, is a club among OSU medical school mainly dealing with internal health issues. Almost every IHIG member has an ability to speak another language such as French, Italian, Spanish or Sweden. They are willing to practice medicine in under-served countries someday. I admire their aspiration pretty much. We took this picture also on the gathering.
Toshi, my Japanese bro!!
Well, I'm actually a little bit taller than him.
Toshi is from medical school of Tokyo University. He speaks English very fluently, unlike other Japanese do. Actually he is an easy-going guy so we had a good time everytime we hang out with each other. This picture was took before the day he left here. After we drank in a bar at the Gallery Hop with some members in IHIG, Sara, Toshi and I went to an atmospheric cafe, Caribou cafe, in somewhere Grandview. We three talked a lot that night and had a great time.
Next time I go to Tokyo, probably during my "week-long break" in intership, I'll definitely contact him, my Japanese bro, and take a visit in Tokyo University, the best university in Asia.
Sara, No.1 beauty in OSU med-1 class
This was also took in front of Caribou cafe that night. As you can see, I held a delicate souvenir cup I bought there.
Sara is one of the IHIG member and undoubtedly she's gorgeous and attractive, isn't she? Actually she graduated from Johns Hopkins and her major was neuroscience!! Besides this, she's got a MPH degree!! How come God "merged" good looks and good brain in such a gal so perfectly. She said she'd like to practice in Thailand someday in her whole life. So, besides good looks and good brain, she also possesses a good mind!!!