Saturday, April 23, 2005

Fellowship



Well,

One of my goals to achieve is to "live an American life" here. Partly because of this and partly because of making new friends, I desire a chance to join a fellowship or bible study here.

Coincidently, I met a super-nice guy in Jone's one day. His name is Eric, 魏以宣, and actually he was a medical student from NTU, older than me by three years. He was a visiting student in OSU and that's just the job I'm taking.

Eric is a pious Christian. Through Eric, I met a lot of new friends because of the bible study. I started to join the bible study at the beginning of my second rotation, also the beginning of the April. We gather on each Thursday in George's place.They generously gave a bible and we read some verses everytime. Like the bible study in Taiwan, we discuss over the verses and try to expain some things God wants to let us know based on our own experiences and thoughts. The only difference is that we speak in English here. It's a good way to practice my English and make some friends.

The members of the fellowship here are actually mostly Asains. Some are from Korea, some from China, some from Taiwan, and some from Indonesia. We have people from Germany, India and native Americans. It's nice to gather together in a big house.



Chipotle
From left to right: me, Eric, Connie, xxx(I forget!XD), George, Dab
The front: Ian

This was the first time I met the fellows.
It was on April/7 so it was before my Cleveland trip.
Chipotle is a wonderful Mexican food restaurant.

Eric and Ian are brothers. Ian is younger and is studying master degree in statistics in OSU. After finishing his military service, Eric came to visit his brother and thus I met all guys. Ian is good at playing the Cello and also good at playing "piano four hands" with Eric.
Connie is a native American but she always dreams of being an Asian. Her major is politics in East Asia. Oh!! It's so kind of her to be a driver everytime.
George is a man of energy. He is gifted with guitar, drums, fishing, and a lot of things.
Dab is from Germany and she gave a bible, English version.


The Cello!

It's Ian's cello. He brought it from Taiwan. I think it should be very expensive!!


Homemade supper!

The chef was Connie and the main dish was "Teriyaki salmon with noodles."We had a good time eating at Jone's that night. It was after my Cleveland trip and thus as you can see, Lebron and Moondog were with us!!!


BAJA Fresh

This was the second time I joined the bible study, April/14.
Before bible study, we went to another Mexican food deli, BAJA Fresh, located in "the Shops at Lane Avenue."It was great. I like the taco with tomato-cubes very much.


Yammy Arby's

The guy in Orange is Jeff. He is also a native American. He is talented with playing the violin.
Arby's is a fastfood restaurant. However its beef hamburger is made up with sliced meat, not the usual burger patties.This kind of hamburgers are more fresh and tasty.Besides this I like its fries so much. It's curl in shape and thus was called "the curly fries."


Smile!


Funny looking

It was the night before Eric's leaving. We held a farewell party at Gorege's place. As I said, Eric is just like a big brother of mine. He is always helpful. He is humble and thoughtful. He would be a role model of mine.

Goodbye, Eric!!
I'll meet you again in NTU hospital.

##EasyReadMore##