Saturday, April 02, 2005

Life in OSU anesthesiology

Well,

actually I have to say the life quality in anesthesiology department is WONDERFUL!
I have plenty of time to do something I'd really like to do here, such as biking along the river, fooling around in the shopping center. Besides this, I not only have the chances to do some procedures but have some time to do some studying. The attending in charge of our education, Dr. Barry Nuechterlein, a German, treats me very nice and gives me some impressive teaching on "rapid sequence induction" and "ventilators."

You know what? The statement of judgement Dr.Barry gave me was---
"a real pleasure to work with-
I'm sure he will do well and be an asset to whichever specilaty he chooses to purse."

Haha! I'm so flattered!!!



My teacher and "care giver" in OSUMC Anes

Dr.Barry Nuechterlein,left and Ms.Sally Ann,right

Sally Ann is a elegant lady who works as a course coordinator in anesthesiology department. She's very helpful. She helped me get the access to get into men's locker room, OR, call room, resident lounge, etc. You know, they pay lots of attention on the security things. There fore I can imagine there should be piles of paperwork to get those things done. Thank you, Sally Ann. :)



Dr. Wang The lovely (the middle one)

Well, it's a pity that she wears a mask on. She's so cute that I cannot imagine she is an MD at first.

But she's very knowledgeable and introduced me a variety of "anesthesia stuffs" such as many kinds of tubes, LMAs, drugs, etc. I appreciate her passion and teaching very much.



My senior buddy Frank Pace

It's really a great pleasure working with him. I don't know if you can tell that he's actually an Italian descendent. (so you have to pronouce like "paache" for his last name.) Hey, he shared a lot of "bad-feelings" of the "brutal" America with me the other day. He's actually a CRNA (Clinical Registered Nurse Anesthetist) but in my view he is as capable as an MD. And as you can imagine, pretty much easier to get along with he is.

Frank knows that I'm planning a trip to Philadelphia after my rotation here and coincidentally he used to work in UPenn hospital. So he gave me a lot of recommandation about where to stay there. Actually I'd like to visit Italy one day. And that time, I'll definitely contact my Italian "senior buddy."

##EasyReadMore##