Life in OSU General Medicine Consult
Soon, I finished the total clinical rotations here.
My second rotation is "General Medicine Consult" and my instructor is Dr.Weed.
Thank you Dr.Weed!
Generally speaking, my job is to help Dr.Weed do some medical consultation work, including taking history and doing physical while staying in his clinic, following inpatients and writing progress note. Dr.Weed's patients are mainly admitted for surgery of head and neck cancer. The reasons for sonsultation, however, vary a lot. There're heart problems, high blood pressure, high blood sugar, kidney problems, lung problems, drug information. It actually covers all fields in medicine.
Dr.Weed is kind of tough. He pays attention to every detail. It's actually a challenge to ork with him.
Heeee, however, I've got satisfactory comments:
These are his comments on me:
It's a great pleasure to work with Shen, Jung-Ching (it's my name).
His natural pleasant, upbeat attitude, intelligence, caring for others make him a good co-worker and doctor.
The strong points he thinks I possess are happy, relaxed, outgoing, takes initiative, smart
The weak points he thinks are "not as serious and hardworking as some". um........
Anyway, It's really a great pleasure working with Dr.Weed!
It's fruitful!!
Oh!
He's coming to Taiwan in November. I'm looking forward to that!