USMLE - Arthur's recommendations
Through Scott, I met Arthur, who is an alumnus from NTU medical school and recently took the USMLE step 1 exam. He spent his teenage in New York and studied in Columbia University before entering NTU medical school. He is an outgoing guy and quite easy to get along with. I learned much from him, especially about the strategies in preparing the exam.
To summarize his recommendations:
- Start doing questions early. ← Most importantly.
- USMLE World is the best! The questions are of little difference from actual ones. He said if he could start all over again, he would have subscribed UW on the first day of preparation and tried to memorize all the questions. No other studying material can match its importance, even First Aid.
- Questions related to GSD, LSD are always asked. You'd better memorize all stuffs on FA p.106-107.
- Be sure to know the differences between Epinephrine and NE. Always asked.
- Questions with pictures are not as frequent as you think. About 10% at most.
It's interesting to think about the lot to bring people together. Usually you have to try new things, that means, to reach out from your own circle, your "comfort zone", to know new people. Had it not been for my participating in the NTU medical student association, I would have never met Amy. I also know Arthur, and many of his friends in a following gathering because of USMLE. Truly interesting. Ha!