Friday, May 06, 2005

Philadelphia---City of Brotherly Love

Hoooooo.........

Right after my staying in Columbus, I take a brief trip to 2 big cities in east coast of the US. The first one is Philadelphia. Luckily, I met a wonderful guide here. Sally, ready to go to UPenn med school, did a fantastic job taking me around the city and the UPenn campus, some nice restaurants. She is very generous and informative. I truly had a good time in Philly.

Philadelphia is one of the oldest cities in the United States. It has played a critical role in American history and the birth of American independence and democracy. During part of the 18th century, the city was the second capital and then-most-populous city of the United States.


Liberty Bell

Notice the famous crack on it!


Independence Hall

I took a visit to these historic spots after watching the movie "national treasure" again. You know what? The movie DVD was released just during the days I was staying in Philly! What a coincidence!!

You can know some more information about these: liberty bell, independence hall.


or you can also see this "National Treasure View"


The first bank of the US


Museum of Art

I visited the art museum during my first stay. I didn't go to the Dali special exhibition because there were too many people. There was a exhibition about the Quack, and tha was very intresting knowing something about "quack medicine".


My guide

Sally is about to attend UPenn med school. She is excellent! Oh of course, she is a fan of 76ers. We were standing in front of Delaware River.

5/1-5/5 Philadelphia

##EasyReadMore##