Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Home sweet home! in Creswell, Oregon

I'm proud to tell everybody that I have a home overseas. Well, it's not actually mine. It's my host family's. When I was 16, a high school student, I spent a month in Springfield, Oregon, staying in this warm family. Scott was my host daddy and Leann was my host mommy, despite their ages are only 10+ years more than mine. We have been keeping in touch since I left there. They moved to Creswell, Oregon 4 years ago. Orion came to the earth soon after my leaving and Karissa did 2 years after. Their smart dog, Shadow, is a black labrador.

This time, 8 years after, I took a chance to visit them after my trip around east coast. I chose their house as my first stop when I got west coast, before Seattle. This was also my first time to see Orion and Karissa, (well, I've already seen them on pictures) and their new BIG house.



the sweet family
from left to right: Leann, Orion, me, king crab, Karissa, Scott

The second day, we had king crab as our lunch. That was really special and delicious.


girl and fish

Karissa is a charming girl, isn't she? She is really hospitable and kept talking to me. That evening, we had another famous seafood in Oregon---salmon for dinner. Leann knew that I like to eat salmon thus cooked this special dish for me.

Oh! Scott took a part!



Scott the chef!

Scott grilled the salmon in the backyard. I remembered last time when I was here, he grilled elk for dinner one day, in the backyard too. ( in the old house though)


Orion the dinosaur!

Orion was in his mommy, Leann's belly when I was here last time. He is a smart boy but somewhat naughty. I think he will be a brilliant and promising scientist one day.


King crab!!!

I've never seen such a big crab leg, not to mention eating one. I'm so lucky to have a chance to enjoy one. Try to have one if you've never tasted it!!! I promise you will like it as well.

So lucky am I to have such a nice, warm family overseas. I was here first time when I was 16. This time, 24. Next time, 32? I don't know. But I think I cannot wait so long!

Thank you!
Scott, Leann, Orion, Karissa and Shadow!

5/7-5/8 Creswell, Oregon

##EasyReadMore##